CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 2, 2008

Check This Out -

Grace sent this to me the other day. She's posted it on her blog and I thought it needed to be put up here, as well.

The Washington Post did a piece here in Grahamstown recently. It's a multimedia photo essay. Material was gathered over the past three years during three separate trips to Grahamstown and Vukani, the local squatter camp here. There are several cultural events explored such as funerals, the coming of age of Xhosa boys to men and the ritual slaughtering. This should give anyone a good view of traditional life here in Grahamstown.

Unfortunately my internet is so horribly slow so I haven't been able to watch everything, but Grace and Jason both enjoyed it. Grace says that you can see parts of the township, as well as town. I have posted the link below. Let me know what you think!

Washington Post Vukani Photo Essay